More Tiny Letters

Dear people who drive ten mph under the speed limit in front of me, and who get highly offended when I try to pass you,

What’s really going on in your life? Just tell me. It must be something rotten to make you do this.

Dear person who invented the loose, airy, wide-leg printed pants (that feel like no pants whatsoever!) that I’m seeing everywhere,

Thank you. I got a pair at Target and I plan to wear them every other day, all summer long.

Dear mental disability that is turning my Jack into a big, violent, unmanageable person,

I hate you.

Dear family,

Thank you for instantly responding to this text:

I went from feeling alone to not alone. When I checked my phone in the middle of Costco and saw your texts, I wept. Some guy eyed me warily on the cleaning products aisle. And I bumped into another mom from Charlie’s social skills class. All while I was weeping. Anyway, thank you.

Dear May,

I forget how beautiful you are, with your soft breezes that ruffle the cottonwoods.

Dear 90 minutes I spent curled up in the armchair in my room this afternoon, avoiding all people and all thinking and all devices,

You restored my will to continue, somehow.

Dear Jack,

I love you.

6 comments for “More Tiny Letters

May 2, 2015 at 11:49 pm

I love you and I love your tiny letters and I am so so sorry about Jack.

May 3, 2015 at 12:24 am

tiny letters rival six word memoirs for awesomeness. And you have a way with them both. xoxoxo

3. May 3, 2015 at 10:26 am

Beautiful. Thoughts and prayers your way.

May 3, 2015 at 2:54 pm

Megan, I fell asleep last night praying over and over for you, your Jack, and your family. I haven’t had your trials, but I do know the desparate feeling of having no answers when the health and life of your child is on the line. I know what it’s like to have appointments with specialists and no one knows what to do. It is hollowing, exhausting, and frightening. I’ll keep sending my hopes out into the universe. I am so sorry, Megan. Keep writing it out.

5. Kelly
    May 4, 2015 at 12:58 am

Dear Megan, you are an inspiration. I know you never asked to be. While my own trials involving my children are of a totally different nature I know what it’s like as a mom to not be able to “fix it” and make it all better…..or easy. When I read your posts I know none of us are alone. I’m so glad you share.

6. Suzy
    May 4, 2015 at 8:49 pm

You guys are always in our prayers. Thanks for sharing the hard, ugly, beautiful, and funny parts of your life. Even though I’ve know you for years now this blog has given me a deeper insight to your struggles than a few hours of watching the boys here and there. I love you and your family and will keep praying for Jack!